9.27.2011

Most Effective Teaching Strategies...

I am definitely a visual learner. I find it very effective when teachers have visual aids to assist with their lessons. I find that I am not as focused when a teacher is just blabbing on and on without anything for the students to look at besides the teacher. However some teachers are exceptional at engaging a class without any technology/visual aid, but those teachers are few and far apart.

The classes that I remember the most are the ones where the learning was more interactive and less 'lecture like'. I think a teacher should have a balance between lecture lessons, interactive activities, and stories about their own life/childhood. I always seem to remember every single detail of a teacher's childhood story, but for the life of me I can't remember a single thing from the lesson they taught.

The main key in teaching teachers is to be patient! They haven't been exposed to technology their whole lives like the average teenager has. It is also a good idea to have a steady teaching pace. Don't just spit everything out at once and expect the teacher to understand. Also don't teach at a snail's pace, teachers will catch on sooner then you think. It is definitely important to actually show how to use certain pieces of technology; not just tell the teacher what to do and leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment